Post Author: Mic Johnson
“Do you know someone in Kansas City who builds websites?”
Have you ever been asked that question before? If you’re like most people, the answer is YES. But like most people, you probably don’t know (or care) much about the process, how much it costs, how long it takes, etc. That is, until you need a new website. And when that happens, what do you do?
We’ve Been Hearing These Horror Stories For The Last 7 Years
- A person has a “friend” or a “friend of a friend” who builds websites on the side and a business owner pays $1,000-$1,500 to get one built. Then, a year or less later, the business owner is looking for someone to fix their site, their web hosting, etc. because that “friend” no longer builds websites or supports the websites they already built.
- A website company/marketing group tries to sell a business owner a website and a bunch of other stuff they don’t need for $30,000+.
- A person posts an update on Facebook/LinkedIn/Twitter saying “Who do you know that builds websites in Kansas City?” and ends up with so many responses that they don’t even know where to begin.
- A business owner tried to build a website using one of the “Free” platforms available and ended up wasting a bunch of time and effort to end up with something they aren’t proud of.
- A business owner ends up talking to a few “web guys” and either makes a decision to go with the cheapest “web developer” or decides to spend more money than he/she really needs to.
- The website project took weeks or months (we’ve even heard as long as A FREAKING YEAR), the process involved a ton of emails, phone calls, voice mails, texts, etc. and it was so painful that the business owner doesn’t want to have to think about updating their website ever again.
Here’s Why Blue Gurus Is Different
- The majority of our website projects are finished in 2-3 business days, allowing you more time to focus on your business.
- We exclusively use the WordPress platform, which powers around 25% of all websites on the internet.
- We do the work ON-SITE with our clients. Yes, you read that correctly…ON-SITE. This collaborative approach allows our clients to speak into the process and see the website come to life as it’s being built.
- Our pricing isn’t the cheapest and it’s not the most expensive. It’s a fair price for the value you get (Points #1, #2, #3, #5 and #6 = VALUE).
- If we have extra time during our scheduled development days, we often throw in additional services at no charge to you.
- We’ve had countless clients tell us how much FUN it is to work with us on their new website. Think about that. A process that’s normally painful becomes FUN. What a novel idea, right?
(Note: Because we do the work on-site, currently we only build sites for companies in the Kansas City Metro area. Additionally we don’t do “custom coding” where something is built into your website and interacts with a proprietary database, for example.)
Don’t Just Take Our Word For It
“Our experience with Blue Gurus was top notch! Jason and Mic do a fantastic job of complementing each other to understand and build the best website for their customers. Whether you are a small not for profit or a large public company, you will not be disappointed in the level of service Blue Gurus delivers!”
Parker Young, Executive Vice President and COO, Straub Construction
“Just wanted to let you all know how much we at Swope Health Services enjoyed working with you yesterday . It’s amazing what we were able to accomplish in just one day. You two have come up with a concept and website design process that is, in a word, magical. I can’t wait until our second and third working sessions. Thank you for what you do and what you are going to enable us to do as it relates to our social media brand. We are completely energized and excited by our partnership with Blue Gurus.”
Michelle Keller, Vice President – Patient Services, Swope Health Services
“Just like I shared on my ONE DAY WEBSITE BUILD date….I have been a Blue Gurus Brand Advocate for 3-ish years, and I knew you guys were awesome. I just didn’t realize how awesome until I experienced the efficiency, innovation and creativity myself. I never would have been able to achieve the sharp professionalism that my BlueGurus Built site exudes by myself. Yeah, I could get something on the web for free…but it would have looked like free….and I am not running a business for free. And….I also knew your pricing was affordable for small/medium businesses, and boot-strapped startups…but I seriously thought it would require an investment at least double what I ended up investing. Thank you for being awesome friends. Thank you for delivering over and above what I imagined. Thank you for caring enough about your customers to create a high quality product. I will be telling everyone I know….Stop! Don’t let your Brother-in-Law build your website for free! Let Blue-Gurus do it and take a marrvy vacation instead with the savings!”
Carol Bush, The Social Nurse
Are You Ready For A New Website?
Take a look at our portfolio any time. Click the link below to watch a video of us talking about our approach. And if it’s time to update your website, call or email me at 913-645-6650 or firstname.lastname@example.org to see how we can help.