So I have decided to start my own business. I plan on using my Blog to document the process. So many acquaintances have shown an interest in what I am doing and how I am going about doing it. They want to partner with me, work for me, sell to me, laugh at me, cheer me on, etc. I thought it might be interesting for everyone to hear my progress as things develop. This blog will be where I document the details, and then mini-updates will be sent using Ping.fm to hit my LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and GTalk status ongoing.
So here is the progress so far.
– Figured out a name. Then bought the domain. Can’t tell anyone yet because I don’t have my LLC or S-Corp set up with the state yet. No poachers!
– High level concept will be consulting with a Sales and Operational focus. You gotta sell it… then deliver it. That has always been, and will continue to be my motto. I will use my sales expertise (doubled revenue for the last company I shared ownership in within 18 months) and my technical expertise (operational efficiency through the judicious use of technology) to help businesses sell faster and deliver better than ever before.
– I have communications set up temporarily with my terryinc.com domain, hosted exchange and iPhone all talking nicely. See one of my previous Blog posts for more details on that.
– I have an attorney that will help me decide on whether or not to form an LLC or a subchapter S corporation. Leaning towards an LLC taxed as an S-Corp thanks to the input from my good friend Shawn Kinkade with Aspire.
– I am looking for an accountant and have had lots of good recommendations. I will update everyone on the selection when it is a done deal.
– Office space… to dress or not to dress, that is the question. I am going to have to office somewhere other than my home. I need to get up, get dressed and GO TO WORK or I will be distracted in the mornings.
– Business plan, what is my BHAG (Big Hairy Audacious Goal), mission statement, deliverables, contracts, etc.
– Web site, newsletter, broadcast via social media
FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!
This is going to be a wild ride, and I plan to take you with me. I will be as detailed as possible in the coming weeks as I set my entity up. Please comment along the way with suggestions, rants, ridicule, humor or shared sob stories.
Jason gets his clients and understands how they think - and they love him!
I've had the privilege to work with Jason Terry of Blue Gurus on numerous projects, giving me the opportunity to watch him work masterfully with his clients. As an expert on blogging, LinkedIn training, business storytelling and website construction, he stands alone as the premiere resource.
Jason gets his clients and understands how they think - and they love him! He makes it easy to work with him, going over into the technical arena and bringing back information to his clients in a simple and direct way they can understand -- and somehow makes it fun while doing it. I recommend Jason (and often do!) to anyone who wants to increase or improve their online presence through market-proven content and strategy.
Jason, If you need help reviewing your business plan, mission statement or anything else then give me a holler. I haven’t done it too much personally but can provide pointers based on my recent schooling. :)
Always know that your friends are here if you need anything.
Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
Comments are closed.