Nearly every business owner out there is trying to figure out social media and whether their business should do it, how to do it, when to do it, who to do it with, how many people in the company should do it, what department it falls under, what the ROI is, why they shouldn’t do it, why they don’t have time to do it, why they don’t have the resources to do it, and on…and on….and on.
This is a topic that we could talk about for hours on end (and many businesses continue to do just that vs. just getting started), so to keep it simple, I’m going to focus right now on the….
10 Reasons Your Business Should NOT Be On LinkedIn
1. You prefer that your sales team make cold calls instead of warm calls.
2. You believe that you (and your employees) 30% complete profile with no summary, no picture and zero recommendations doesn’t reflect poorly on you or your business.
3. When customers or prospects search for you, you want to make sure they can’t find you.
4. You know for a fact that none of the 100 million people on LinkedIn are your customers or prospects.
5. You don’t want to know more about people that you are doing business with or would like to do business with.
6. You believe, with all of your heart, that there is no value in keeping up with what is going on in your professional network (such as new business deals, new hires, new products and services, etc.).
7. You have all the business you will ever need and aren’t interested in generating more.
8. You prefer to limit your prospecting and sales activity to the two networking groups you belong to and the five coffees and lunches you try to set up each week.
9. You don’t see any value in updating your LinkedIn status regularly to tell your professional network about things that will help them.
10. You think social media and tools like LinkedIn aren’t fundamentally changing the way business is done.
Jason gets his clients and understands how they think - and they love him!
I've had the privilege to work with Jason Terry of Blue Gurus on numerous projects, giving me the opportunity to watch him work masterfully with his clients. As an expert on blogging, LinkedIn training, business storytelling and website construction, he stands alone as the premiere resource.
Jason gets his clients and understands how they think - and they love him! He makes it easy to work with him, going over into the technical arena and bringing back information to his clients in a simple and direct way they can understand -- and somehow makes it fun while doing it. I recommend Jason (and often do!) to anyone who wants to increase or improve their online presence through market-proven content and strategy.
Owner of 20/20 Creative, Inc.