Hi guys! It’s Jason with our first blog post in 2015. Happy New Year!
Mic Celebrates 5 Years With Blue Gurus!
I thought it would be appropriate to let you know that Mic is celebrating his 5th year as a Blue Guru this month. Wow, it’s weird even writing that. It doesn’t feel like it’s been almost 6 years since I started the company. Crazy.
Please join me in congratulating Mic on sticking around this long and putting up with me these past 5 years. :)
I really like Top Ten lists, so here’s my Top Ten list of why I love working with Mic Johnson:
- He’s really, really funny. He’s got a quick wit and he just makes me laugh. Often.
- He’s helped me to see the value of balance and not scheduling myself with too much work in a given week. That’s had a big positive impact on my personal life.
- He has no problem challenging me. We actually enjoy the back and forth and the end result is always better.
- He’s been married a lot longer than me and offers good advice when I’m fighting battles with Trista that I shouldn’t. It’s helped me to be a better husband.
- He’s helped me to better appreciate the value of what we do for companies. And to price our services appropriately.
- He’s humble. Even though he usually says that after talking about how awesome he is.
- He’s patient. He handles adversity so well and keeps things from escalating.
- He’s organized. Less clutter = less stress and Mic is a master at that.
- He’s got a big heart. He cares deeply about friends, family and clients. If anyone cares TOO much, it’s Mic Johnson.
- He’s willing to listen, learn and adjust. And you can’t buy that. It’s so rare.
Mic means a lot to me, and I really appreciate that we get to work together helping people!
Blue Gurus Adopts El Centro
We adopt a not for profit every month or so. We spend a couple of hours giving our best to help organizations use web and social more effectively.
This week, we adopted El Centro. El Centro’s mission is “To strengthen communities and improve lives of Latinos and others through educational, social, and economic opportunities.” We learned a lot about their organization and really enjoyed working with Clayton and Irene. By the end of our time together, I felt like they had a good game plan for moving forward with their blogging and LinkedIn strategy to help their organization grow in 2015. And it felt great. They really appreciated our time and our advice and were excited to get going!
As always, thanks so much for reading. Let us know if you have a LinkedIn, Blogging or WordPress question that we can cover in a future blog post.