We heard about HootSuite a few months ago from a good friend of ours, David Cacioppo, over at emfluence. HootSuite is a status update aggregator. What does that mean? Let’s assume you have an account on LinkedIn, a Facebook Fan Page, and a Twitter account. Then let’s assume that you would like to be able to update your current status across all 3 social media sites at one time. HootSuite does that.
Get your free HootSuite account set up and start doing a better job of updating your social media status across all your social media sites!
Great list of HootSuite features:
- Supports multiple social networks including LinkedIn, Facebook, Facebook Fan Pages, Twitter, WordPress and more
- Supports multiple accounts on each platform. For example, if you have 2 or 3 different Twitter accounts
- Supports Scheduled Updates. You can set the date and time for when you want an update to be published
- Supports Team Workflow so that multiple contributors can be managed across many social media platforms
- Track statistics, especially when using the URL shortener that tracks click throughs to points of interest
- Multiple Column View allows you to sort your social networks into friends, search terms, keyword tracking and more
For a full list of features and some demos, visit hootsuite.com/about.
Here is a screenshot of our Social Network setup screen. All you have to do is type your message into the entry box provided, click on the social networks you want to post to and click Send Now. The status you entered will be posted to all of the sites that you clicked to post to! It is that easy!