FuzeMeeting – Excellent web based conferencing that is affordable!
March 28, 2011 /
in Information Technology, Social Media /
by Jason Terry
We often work with people outside of Kansas City and need to be able to talk to multiple people while showing them what we are doing on our computers. Whether it is training a sales group of ten people in different locations on how to use LinkedIn more effectively or collaborating with a client on how their new web site is going to look, we need to be able to SHOW them what we are talking about. We have had paid subscriptions to other solutions and so far FuzeMeeting is working more consistently and has some unique features.
I loved the description on the FuzeMeeting web site:
Fuze Meeting is a web conferencing tool that lets you share everything on your screen in high resolution with anyone, anywhere, on any device… on any continent, on any planet.
The great thing is that this statement is not far from the truth. FuzeMeeting is a browser-based conferencing solution that is incredibly easy to set up and use. Even better, it is affordable with programs costing between $29 and $69 per month depending on your needs. We use the $29 per month option which gives us up to 25 attendees in a conference session.
Here are some of the features that we really like:
- 100% Browser Based. No software to install for the attendees. (Yes, you have to install software as the presenter so you can share your screen, but all we really care about is that people joining the session don’t have to install anything so that we can move right into training instead of dealing with technical difficulties)
- Desktop and Application sharing. You can allow attendees to see anything on your desktop. This could be as simple as web sites or as complex as a custom application that you want to demo. This is perfect for training!
- Scheduling. There is a plugin for Microsoft Outlook that allows you to schedule a video conference with someone right from your calendar. The invitation has all of the required information for the attendee to use to connect including the web site and conference PIN.
- FuzeMeeting works on the iPhone, iPad, Android or BlackBerry devices. There is an iOS application specifically for FuzeMeeting so that you can host a conference or attend one right from your iPhone or iPad.
- You can record your Meeting for later streaming on the web (YouTube)
- High Definition content. FuzeMeeting allows you to upload HD content and share with conference attendees for a stronger presentation.
- Integrated telephony. Your attendees can dial into a number and be on the same conference call while you guide them through your presentation or training.
If you have been looking for an affordable way to connect with just one or even one hundred people to show them your screen while talking to them on the phone… this is a GREAT solution for you to try. There is a 30 day free trial.
Click here for pricing and more information on FuzeMeeting. Happy Conferencing!