Post Author: Mic Johnson
I’ve been talking to Jason, people in my peer advisory group, and others about something that’s been bothering me for the better part of 2014.
I’m hoping anyone that reads this post will take a minute to try to help me out. Perhaps your experiences can give me some perspective I don’t currently have.
1. Content Marketing for companies that need an accountability partner to help them successfully execute a monthly blogging strategy.
2. On-site web development where most of our projects are done in 2-4 full day sessions at our clients’ offices. (Yes, we actually come TO your office and build it there!)
3. LinkedIn Training for companies that want to better utilize LinkedIn for sales and sharing content.
Most people would agree that all of those things are essential (dare I say…critical?) for companies in today’s business world.
You want to share the stories about your business, your products and services, your people, and more.
You want a professional, easy-to-navigate web site.
And you want a professional LinkedIn profile that accurately represents who you are, what you do, and what you’ve accomplished in your career.
Can we all agree on that?
Throughout the better part of 2014 both Jason and I have had countless conversations with decision makers in Kansas City who know they need a new web site, who know they need help with LinkedIn, and who know that their company should be blogging.
We tell them what we do, how we do it, and how quickly we can get it all done. In fact, we’ve partnered with several businesses who had poor web sites, poor LinkedIn profiles, and no blogging strategy and had them cranking on all three in just a couple of months.
We explain this to every single prospect we talk to. It all makes complete sense to them. They get excited about it. They know it’s absolutely the right thing to do.
And then they go back to their office, get busy, and end up doing…..you guessed it…..
I’ve used this analogy a lot lately to describe this phenomenon we’ve seen in 2014. Even though we all know it would be totally awesome, you don’t lose weight by thinking about going to the gym.
You only lose weight when you make the effort consistently to get up each day, get some cardio and weights in, and stay committed to it (and eating healthier of course) over the long haul. And some people do this by hiring a personal trainer. That’s very similar to how we work.
So here’s the deal….
1. Very few people are going to learn about all of the cool things that you, your team, and your company do unless you start REGULARLY sharing your stories.
2. Your web site won’t ever look better and be easier to navigate if you keep ignoring it, wait for it to go down, or wait for a client or prospect to tell you how bad it is.
3. Your LinkedIn profile won’t get better until you spend some time getting trained on what makes a good profile and learn how to more effectively use LinkedIn.
We’ve had people that have gone through painful web site projects in the past that describe the experience with Blue Gurus as “FUN”, and “EASY”, and “SIMPLE”.
We’ve had people go through LinkedIn training say “OH, I DIDN’T KNOW YOU COULD DO THAT. IT ALL MAKES SENSE. I’M DEFINITELY GOING TO USE LINKEDIN MORE!”
We’ve had blogging clients say “THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST BUSINESS DECISIONS WE’VE EVER MADE.”
It’s not nearly as hard and painful as you think it is. And we’re here to help.
Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call me (913-645-6650) today. Let’s work together to lose the dead business weight you’ve been carrying around for far too long.