Post written by Jason Terry, Entrepreneur | Social Coach | Web Developer | Scuba Instructor | Guitar Player | Cruise Traveler | Lego Collector
Sometimes, when I’m sitting down to write my blog post for the week, I realize that I have a TON of things going through my brain. It becomes hard to pick any one topic, even though I could write a full blog post about each of them. This is one of those weeks. So here you go!
I’ve talked to a lot of businesses that had slower months during May and June. I saw that in our business as well. Mic and I both continue to “show up” and our efforts are paying off. July is going to be the biggest month in the history of Blue Gurus!
There are so many people to thank for that. Here are just a few!
- Our retainer clients that lean on us to execute their blog and social strategy for them every month.
- Our friend and client Jason Moxness from Alterra Bank invited us to the first Connectors event where he introduced us to some great people (Ken Smith at Equity Bank and Jennifer Peek with Business Actualized to name a few).
- We were publicly recognized at the Downtown Council’s Board Meeting for their web and social success in the past 3 years. (Thanks Mike Hurd and Ann Holiday!)
- We’ve gotten great referrals from our clients and referral partners (especially Tony Sheets at Umzuzu!)
- We’ve gotten great advice about how to sell the value of what we do for our clients (Thanks Jennifer Peek!)
- Donna Rimbo at Christ Church Anglican referred us to another church for a new website project. She got the call because the other church loved the site we did for Christ Church Anglican!
Greater Kansas City Sports Commission and Foundation
I had a great meeting with Kathy Nelson of Greater Kansas City Sports Commission and Foundation. They are going to be our next not-for-profit adoption for some social media and web consulting help later in July. We adopt a not-for-profit on a quarterly basis as a way to give back to our community.
We’re excited to donate our time to the Sports Commission because they really need help on their LinkedIn strategy and they have been doing great work in the city for years.
Happy 4th Belated
I didn’t make time to write a blog post during the 4th of July week. I was on vacation like many of you, and I also moved our BlueGurus.com website from HostGator to FlyWheel during that week. Even though this is belated, I wanted you to know how important I think celebrating our independence is. How important it is to celebrate the men and women that serve our country and our cities. Police, fire, and armed forces. Next time you see someone in uniform at a restaurant, buy them lunch. Extra style points if you get it done without them knowing!
We are always looking for the best web hosting solution for our clients. We want speed, security and ease of use for our web site and our client web sites. About a year ago, Mark Nolte introduced me to Dusty Davidson, co-founder and CEO of Flywheel out of Omaha. They are a company of WordPress web site developers that have built an excellent hosting platform specifically geared for WordPress powered websites.
I moved BlueGurus.com to Flywheel recently and haven’t looked back. They manage all the security, updates and backups for us as well. Their platform is powered by Amazon’s EC2 service (Elastic Compute Cloud), so it is reliable and scalable. I LOVE IT. And all of our clients will be hosted at Flywheel as soon as we can make that happen.
In closing, thank you for reading our blog updates! There is a good chance you have a direct impact on our business and we appreciate you so much.